Someone very kind (sillywordsfromasillygirl.wordpress.com) nominated me for a Liebster Award. While I must confess I am not entirely sure what this entails, it’s safe to say I’m pretty excited AND I’m definitely going to answer all of the questions that they posed for me :]
1. Where do you want to visit (any place in the world)?
If I could go anywhere it would DEFINITELY be Patagonia. I think it has some of the few places left that are really, actually untouched by humans, and it is one of my wildest dreams to set foot in a place that no one has ever been before.
2. What’s your favorite article of clothing and why?
It’s gotta be my hiking socks. I have terrible circulation and they keep my feet nice and toasty- even though I usually hate having anything on my feet, I can definitely tolerate a good pair of thick wool socks.
3. Dog or cat?
Ooh, tough one. I like both a lot, but I’m probably a cat person if you really get down to it.
4. If you could live in any book or movie, which one would you choose?
That’s tough because all of my favorite literature is so depressing and bleak… I’d probably live in On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Yes, I know it already happened. Yes, I know it’s a terrible objectification of women. I just can’t shake my love of the beat life.
5. If you had to go underground, hide for the rest of your life, where would you go and would you change anything about yourself?(i.e. hair color/length)
I would go to Europe, definitely- probably Italy. I would grow my hair out and dye it blonde, and get colored contact that made my eyes blue. I would put effort into the way I dressed… Now, that would throw anyone off of my trail.
6. What is your favorite memory?
There are too many to count! It may be one of driving down a highway screaming the Avett Brothers at the top of my lungs with my best friend in the passenger seat. That was pretty amazing.
7. Would you rather have be blind or not be able to taste anything?
Be blind, hands down. Food is just too good.
8. Some people don’t think their name fits them, do you think yours fits you?
I do. I lucked out with my name. It means clear and bright, which are two things that I constantly aspire to be.
9. Would you rather have constant rain or have it never rain at all?
Either one would be kind of the same, right? If it were really constant then there would be no difference between the two. But, for the sake of the question, I’d have to say no rain at all. I love the sun too much to forsake it indefinitely.
10. (Honestly, I ran out of questions three questions ago…) Would you rather live in a treehouse or something like a hobbit house?
A treehouse! I love being up high, I love trees. Being on the ground (or under it) makes me horrifically claustrophobic.
My nominees (it should be more but I don’t follow many people):
If you’d like to accept this award, here are some rules I’d like you to follow (I copied and pasted these rules):
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog. (You really don’t have to do that…)
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. (They’ll be below this)
3. You must nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 more questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What is your favorite animal and why?
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
3. Would you rather have no tongue or no thumbs?
4. Have you ever thought you were in love and later realized how wrong you were?
5. If you could listen to only one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?
6. What is one phrase or saying that inexplicably annoys the shit out of you?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite odd quirk about yourself?
9. What is your Myers Briggs type?
10. If you were offered unlimited wealth, but couldn’t share it with anyone else, would you accept?